The Tamiya Monster Beetle was a classic R/C phenomenon from the 1980’s. After a long absence it is back as an updated assembly kit ready to traverse back yards across the country. The model features a stylized version of the timeless Volkswagen Beetle body, mounted on an all-action 2WD chassis fitted with big tires for rough-and-tumble off-road fun. This updated version promises to be great fun for both beginners and Tamiya R/C kit veterans alike!
New parts come with the kit are rear universal driveshafts to transfer power smoothly, and they are also equipped with protective rubber boots. A large dust is included to sport large diameter 130mm tires, chrome-plated wheels and an ABS bodyshell with sticker sheet. The new kit also features a rugged original ABS space frame chassis with double-wisebone front, trailing arm rear suspension setups and CVA oil-filled dampers.
Specifications of Monster Beetle:
- 1/10 scale R/C model assembly kit. Length: 410mm, width: 290mm, height: 240mm.
- The injection-molded plastic body accurately captures the form of the early VW Beetle.
- Includes many of the original stickers kept over from the original model design as well as newly-designed markings.
- The rugged original ABS space frame chassis has been kept. It utilizes double-wishbone front, and trailing arm rear suspension setups in tandem with CVA oil-filled dampers.
- NEW PARTS: Rear universal drive shafts transfer power smoothly, and come with rubber boots to protect outdrives from dust.
- A large dust cover is included to protect the R/C gear equipment.
- The model has great off-road performance thanks to 130mm-diameter tires with a combined lug/pin spike tread. They are paired with gold color plated one-piece wheels.
- Includes a driver figure.
- Includes the Tamiya TBLE-02 ESC and 540 brushed motor.
- Requires Tamiya TS paint for body, 2-channel radio, 7.2 volt battery & charger.
Stay tuned with us for the latest information~